Miami’s Best Professional Mastering Services
The mastering process is essential to create a final mix that is ready for the audience. Mastering is the art of polishing your music and making it sound like it was professionally recorded in a studio. It prepares your song for duplication or online distribution while ensuring a uniform sound across a project. This mastering service ensures your music is suitable for distribution on any internet platform.
Online or In-Person Mastering Services
Miami Mastering Services! Our clients enjoy the affordable convenience of having their songs mixed and mastered at the same facility they have trusted over and over. Our rooms are stocked with the most popular digital mastering plugins and software allowing our Miami mastering engineers to achieve the best results.
Mastering can be done with or without the client in attendance. Please inquire about mastering for full details.
What are mastering services?
Mastering is the final process before a song is commercially released. The purpose is to balance sonic elements of a mix and optimize playback across all systems and media formats. Getting your song mastered means that your song has met the standards of what major commercial records sound like. Songs are mastered by a specific mastering engineer. Mastering engineers have years of experience and a highly trained ear. A mastering engineer’s goal is to enhance the song, making it crispy, clean, and clear while achieving standard volume, width, and depth.
When mastering your music, mastering services ensure that you get the best quality sound. Besides ensuring that there is a balance between all of the tracks and elements of your mix, mastering is also about making sure it sounds like a final product and is ready for distribution. A mastering studio will use its technical skills to perfect your music.
The mastering process typically includes mastering your mix by using mastering software, mastering hardware, or mastering plugins.
What does mastering actually do?
A mastering engineer will work with your mix and remove any unwanted sounds and optimize the levels of the rest of them. The mastering process is about making sure that all tracks sound perfect when played together in one go. A mastering service ensures you get balanced all elements, whether they are vocals, basslines, drums, or synths.
The benefits of mastering services
- Optimized for playback on all media (from phone speakers to stadiums)
- Precise and detailed modifications to the audio for maximum quality
- Boosted for maximum loudness while retaining optimum dynamic range
- Professional sounding, polished audio
How much does a studio charge for mastering?
The mastering process can cost can vary per track. It all depends on the mastering engineer, the genre of music you are mastering, how many songs you are mastering, and other factors that are specific to your project. Contact us for pricing today!
The Mastering Process
Premastering – Premastering is a process by which a song is prepped for mastering. This process is usually done by a mix engineer. Here is what mastering engineers will need before they can complete their mastering
- Export a stereo .wav or .aiff file of your song already mixed. We will only be mastering the song so make sure the song sounds exactly how you want it to. Mastering is not mixing so if you don’t like something in your mix, address it before it goes to mastering. Mastering does not fix mixing it only enhances what is already in the mix.
- Export with the same bit depth/ sample rate as your session. For example, if your session was recorded in 24 bit/ 44.1K then you need to export your premaster in the same bit rate and depth.
- No plug-ins on the master track – Remove all compressors, limiters, and any other master bus processing. The mastering engineer will need space to do their thing so don’t hold them back.
- Remove dither from master bus fader
- Adjust your master output levels. In general, the song’s master fader meter should be peaking between -3 and -10db.
Processing – The processing phase is where the core of the magic happens. Engineers may apply multiband compression, EQ, compression, limiting, stereo imaging, excitement, saturation, and many more techniques so the song is polished and pushed to its maximum threshold before clipping occurs.
Exporting – The final and most detailed stage of mastering is the exporting stage. During this phase mastering engineers focus on creating a secure, reliable manufacturing master, including PQ information, UPC/EAN codes, ISRCs, CD-Text.
Contact us today and ask about our professional services for more info.